Soft toy hell!
I always find that wrapping something that is an awkward shape or soft can be tricky and can end up looking like a toddler did it. My ‘make your own bag’ tip not only saves time, but it can be made to almost any size AND helps to disguise the awkward shape inside.
- Use a roll of paper (although it can work with 2 pieces of wrapping paper if they are big enough for the gift)
- Measure the gift against the paper size – leave enough space at the side and top to allow for folds and to ensure the extra space disguises the shape
- Measure the same amount of paper again to go under and over the gift and cut it at the top (need an equal amount of paper front and back)
- Seal the 2 sides (and the bottom if using 2 sheets of paper) by neatly turning the edges in and securing with double sided tape
- Insert the gift
- Seal the top the same way
- Add some ribbon (and some extra pieces if you want) for decoration