Layer-wrap a bottle of champagne
This is a layered piece, so get prepped to layer-up!
- Use some nice (festive) tissue paper (looks pretty and provides added protection for the bottle)
- Lay the bottle onto the tissue and roll it diagonally to ensure not too much overlap at the base. Secure it in place with tape
- Carefully tuck the tissue at the base of the bottle up and into the base of the bottle (usual concave in shape) – do this slowly and carefully so that it looks as neat as possible (if you rush it, you’ll see what I mean!)
- Smooth the tissue straight at the top (you will be pulling this in later)
- Follow the same procedure with some clear or patterned (festive) cellophane or even some pretty fabric
- Once wrapped, cut the top of both layers neatly and if you want to ‘frill’ the top, make 3-4 vertical cuts downwards then pull and twist these sections out
- Add ribbon to the neck of the bottle, being careful to pull it in slowly. Don’t over-tighten this ribbon because it will over-ripple the tissue/cellophane
- Final touch: add any decoration of choice (I’ve tucked in a sprig of holly).